DX » Community » Reviews » MR16 1*3W 650~700mA Constant Current Regulated LED Driver (8~24V Input)
  • 5 star 15 ( 88% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 12% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Most perfect LED Driver on DX!!

posted by Iceananas on 03/02/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

- PowTech PT4115: extremely easy to mod for your own purpose: change the sense resistor to vary your average current, you can also add a potentiometer or PWN module to dim your LED :-O
    - Can handle AC and DC, I didnt remove the bridge rectifier for the case I have to use AC. Although the efficiency will suffer, its the better solution for me.
    - Wiiiiiide input range. I wont go over 24VDC because of the small input capacitor, but anyway, there ist no better driver to build your 12V/24V LED project. Notice the input voltage must be higher than the summarized LED Vf.

Cons:

- RF interferences. But you can solve this easily: Just solder a capacitor to the board at the output pins (where Led+ and LED- is). I chose a small 16V 220µF and it is already sufficient at 12VDC input. I can listen to FM radio next to the driver.
    - Small input capacotor, mine has only 100µF/25V. Not relevant for DC, but will not be able to supply multiple LEDs in series at AC. Replacing it with a new one is easy. For calculations see threads below.

OtherThoughts:

Will use this driver for my further projects. At 2.25$ it is a dream for every DIY.

Bottomline:

I removed the long MR16 pins to get it smaller. Get a small solder iron for the small parts (e.g. if you want to solder a pot to the chip). For me the most perfect driver I ever got.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections