DX » Community » Reviews » VSTARCAM F6836W PTZ Indoor Wireless IP Network Camera with 10-LED IR Night Vision - White
  • 5 star 7 ( 58% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 42% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• IP Cam of good value

posted by glyraedanmeg on 11/28/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Good piece of equipment for the price. It is handy if you want to monitor the environment that was installed at. I've installed 1 so far and yet to activate the other piece. I will be buying another 5.

Cons:

Colour tone in low light is resonable but far from good. Not too easy to setup and the online instructions are not clear enough. Interested buyers or current owners with difficulty in setting up may refer to this link that I've found. It is more informative then the vstarcam website. The instructions should apply to most models from VStarcam. Hope it helps.

http://www.marix.com.sg/downloads/vstarcam/Vstarcam%20H6837WI%20Installation%20Guide%20V1.1.pdf

OtherThoughts:

If you are good in setting up such devices, there is no need to but those that comes with plug n play. This device is good enough for the price. For plug n play IP cams, there will still be a need to configure port forwarding for your router firewall.

Bottomline:

Good device for the price. Will recommend it for those who do not require superb images.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections