• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• nice back-up light

posted by bloemkolen on 09/29/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

-compact size
    -magnetic switch
    -the ridges on the battery tube give good grip
    -came with lubed o-rings
    -very solid construction
    -long runtime, it never ran out on me while diving (dives of over 1 hour)
    -friendly priced
    -thick front glass, witch is well protected by the head of the flashlight protruding in front of the glass
    -the lan-yard hole is big enough for a more serious lan-yard
    -stays cool enough to use outside the water as well

Cons:

-not the brightest diving light around (hence the long run-time)
    -lots of throw, only little flood, although you could "fix" this by sanding the front glass.
    -when disassembling, the little notch witch keeps the magnetic mode selector in the same mode can pop out, and its tricky to find it back (works as well without this, but the risk of switching modes inadvertently increases)
    -the lan yard it comes with is not really strong enough if you want to take it diving without the risk of losing the light
    -finish isn't the best around, the black top layer is scratched easily, but considering the price it's not bad at all.

OtherThoughts:

I have this light for a few months now, and I went on diving holiday last month, took the light with me every trip and it worked good, never had any water in the light, even when I damaged one of the o-rings (found out after the dive, still no water inside the lamp tho)
    max depth was around 30 meters/90 feet
    and several dives in excess of 1 hour

Bottomline:

good back-up light, conveniently sized, sturdy construction and also important, friendly priced

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections