DX » Community » Reviews » LV*SHI Camera Lens Hood for Nikon AF-18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 G ED AF-18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 G ED II
  • 5 star 8 ( 80% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 20% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byChileanMadman on 03/18/2013

- fits firmly on my Nikon D5100 - does what its supposed to do with the light - a bit soft build material. could definetely be made of a harder material. - might be a bit difficult to fit on the camera at first, but once you have the technique, its no problem at all. - due to the soft material and difficult first mount, you might break it, so BE CAREFUL!... Read more

1 0
  • posted byTehChesha on 11/15/2012

This camera lens hood it is cheap and accessible, if you don't need original one. It fit on your camera just like original one. It is very good investment for your camera I don't have any cons for this item. It is great and good quality replacement for brand Nikon hood Fitted my camera lens perfectly and now my camera really looks professional. I don'... Read more

0 0
  • posted byAlveria on 11/01/2010

*It's cheap. *It fits my Nikon D5000 kit lens perfectly. *It can be backward mounted so it's not taking more space in the bag. *It does the job it's supposed to do, block sunlight.. The only con I can think about is that the fastening mechanism seems frail, but i have tried several times dismembering it without pushing the opening buttons. It comes ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byncarellan on 04/09/2010

This is a well made lens hood at a good price, the one I own, fit almost perfectly in my 18/55 D3000 lens, but need to press with care to fit it correctly. Probably none, it would be better if were cheaper ( as everything in this live LOL ) This one must be in your camera kit, a non expensive lens hood to improve your camera and your photos I bought ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byflopezr on 12/31/2009

Performs its function perfectly. Its dimensions are identical to the original lens hood from Nikon. It is easy to assemble and disassemble of the lens, even in an inverted position to facilitate transport of the camera. Its mechanism of fixation is exactly like that makes Nikon. It is very cheap compared to the price of manufactured by Nikon. It appears ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySiCrew on 08/27/2009

The hood is perfect. The goes on with easy and has no problems coming off when using the button. The cost difference between this and the OEM version is insane. Buy this and forget about buying OEM. When you go wide, you will not get any vignetting from the hood. Very good, but the feel and texture is not like OEM Nikon, but is AMAZING for the price.... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySiCrew on 08/27/2009

The hood is perfect. The goes on with easy and has no problems coming off when using the button. The cost difference between this and the OEM version is insane. Buy this and forget about buying OEM. When you go wide, you will not get any vignetting from the hood. Very good, but the feel and texture is not like OEM Nikon, but is AMAZING for the price.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byPERSUADER on 06/30/2009

Get's fixed to the lens of the camera with the help of two small sideburns of plastic, that are can be folded pressing a button. It's impossible that the hood could went loose accidentally. Not the plastic of the best quality that I've seen, but you don't need anymore for a lens hood. Why buy the original lens hood of Nikon if this works the same way ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byPortablepower on 11/14/2008

This hood is for the very popular 18-55 lens from Nikon. If you have a D40 you have this lens. I got it because I noticed I tend to photograph 'on the edge' as far as lighting is concerned. You need this hood to avoid sunlight getting into the lens too easily. This hood is a great buy compared to the original Nikon and the design is absolutely identical.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byNedward on 09/04/2008

- Protects your lens from scratches and your pictures from lens flare. - Quality seems good. - Nice price! If you want to buy an authentic Nikon lens hood, you have to pay at least double. - I always have little problems placing it on. - If you sit your camera on a table, the wheight is on this lens hood. I really don't have much to say of a lens hood.... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections