• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Attention!

posted by AskenFaller on 12/02/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

It’s very compact and has a nice quality feel to it. Starts up in no time and switching between different modes are fast. I never switch though; I use it as an access point only. It’s very important that it’s used with a proper power supply. My HTC phone charger or Nexus pad charger doesn’t do the trick and it becomes very unstable. I haven’t measured how much it needs, but it’s more than 500 mA. Giving it to little power results in lost Wi-Fi connection.

Cons:

The label doesn't specify minimum power requirements

OtherThoughts:

The mini USB connection sits a little deep in the chassis, so if your cable is “fat” at the end around the plug you might have some trouble getting the plug all the way in. It doesn’t need to go all the way in, but if you leave it hanging alongside the wall under the socket outlet, for instance, the USB connector will slip out unless it’s plugged all the way in.

Bottomline:

Excellent device. I have recommended it to my colleagues and their all happy with it. Go ahead, buy one.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections