There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• easy to use, flexible, great

posted by doridori on 10/07/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The legs are all flexible via pivoting ball joints along each of the 3 legs in little sections. These sections then have a horizontal rubber material across them so that they are able to grip onto different surfaces.
    I have tested it with my canon 400D and 17-85 lens and it is able to support its weight quite easily while standing up as well as wrapped around something such as the handrest on my work chair.
    This tripod is a great alternative to the real product and is quite handy to have around.
    There is also a 3/8 screw attachment on top of the installed 1/4 screw for other cameras. This can be taken off, which i have done to use for my 400D

Cons:

build quality is a bit average. i have a feeling that the legs may get looser as i use it more and more, but then again i may be wrong.
    the screw for the camera needs to be tightened via a screw driver or a metal coin. i used a 10c coin as im in australia and it works fine. should really have a loop which allows for hand tightening, but its no big issue

OtherThoughts:

CHEAPER PLEASE!!!???
    ... only cuz things are never cheap enough :P
    but srsly, this is quite a nice tripod which beats the other retail alternatives

Bottomline:

get it!get it!get it!get it!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections