DX » Community » Reviews » 650nm Laser Diode Module for Arduino (Works with Official Arduino Boards)
  • 5 star 2 ( 33% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 67% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bytnvd on 06/20/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Good soldering. Nice to play with (after paying some attention to the wires and the brass piece) This is an laser led mounted on a small PCB. There are 3 pin connections which are not documented (I get used to the DX non documentation). So you have to figure out which p... Read more

1 3
  • posted byjurpie on 06/16/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:5V Laser module works great no resistor needed. Works perfect with Arduino or other microcontrollers. I just connected 5V to the S and GND to the - and it works Cons:There is a small resistor soldered onto the laser module. Not that great quality, but it works perfect.... Read more

2 2
  • posted byTorin42 on 01/10/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:It's cheap, easy to connect and use, you don't need any resistant or so, it don't get hot. Cons:I don't find one so far. Others said it can be easyli short circuited, but I don't have that problem. OtherThoughts:It's pretty good for this price. If you need an easy contr... Read more

3 0
  • posted byBencassar on 11/24/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Very cheep. Easy to connect. 5v supply easy to integrate in a circuit. Good pointer dot. Does not get hot. Does its job xD. Very good for microprocessor interfacing. Low power. Cons:Laser pointer not aligned properly with pcb and the dot is not a straight line... Read more

3 0
  • posted bydirkm5 on 11/04/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:This laser LED looks similar to SKU 133778, rated to be 5 mW. To operate with a 5V power supply, a series resistor is required. I used a series resistor of 1.2kOhhm, resulting in 2V over the laser and a current of 2.5mA, resulting in 5 mW power dissipation. Connect grou... Read more

8 1
  • posted byDerBunman on 10/09/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Cheap and ready soldered laser. Cons:Laser is not so bright. Can not be seen good after like 4 meters. The spot seems a bit scraggy. OtherThoughts:As with all DIY parts on DX there is no manual. So I found out (searched the web) you have to wire minus to the pin labeled &... Read more

5 2

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections