DX » Community » Reviews » 650nm Laser Diode Module for Arduino (Works with Official Arduino Boards)
  • 5 star 6 ( 60% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 40% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Red dot laser brick

posted by tnvd on 06/20/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Good soldering. Nice to play with (after paying some attention to the wires and the brass piece)
    This is an laser led mounted on a small PCB. There are 3 pin connections which are not documented (I get used to the DX non documentation). So you have to figure out which pin is assigned to what. I have found 2 resistors. 1 resistor is mounted direct on the separate laserled pcb. (the biggyback module), and the other is on the backside of the whole PCB. It appears that the 3 pins are: Ground, 5V (this is via the bottom R), and S. This S does bypass the bottom R.
    It is nice module to experiment with. I use in a arduino setup. It reflect it's beam via several (12) small mirrors in an angle, to an laser receiver led. It detects whether a growlamp should be lifted or lowered to the plants automatically.

Cons:

As usual; no documentation.
    Well wrapped, but the brass laser mount was creating shortcircuit to the blanc wires.
    The brass ledhousing needs to be moved forward to remove the shortcircuit. The lens also needs adjusting to get a dot. This module was assembled bu someone in a hurry. Thats the price you pay for cheap china stuff.

OtherThoughts:

Inspect the module before use !

Bottomline:

Cheap.
    Bad led mounting.
    Anyway, with some attention a product you will be happy with.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections