Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Don't leave it alone

posted by hansi001 on 08/12/2013
    8 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

* Decent charging time
    * Can be used for protected batteries (how ever som batteris may be a tight fit)
    * Dual-channel (see cons)
    * Cheap
    * Fairly good build quality
    * Good "full battery" indication, however it fails to stop charging when the light turns green (see cons)

Cons:

* The charger does NOT stop to charging when the light turns green. The green light usually comes on at 4.17v, but if I leave the battery in for another 10 minutes and check the voltage, the batteries are usually 4.19-4.20 volt.

* The dual channels are not 100% independent of each other. This is not a con as long as the user keeps an eye on the lights and takes out batteries when the light turns green.

OtherThoughts:

I have never been able to charge my batteries to more then 4.21 volt with this charger, but that could be due to the fact that I have protected batteries. I have never tried to overcharged batteries intentionally , and I probably never will.

Bottomline:

This is a fairly good charger for someone who has few batteries and does not want to spend much on a charger. However if you plan on charging your batteries while not in the same room and awake, I would go for a high-end charging, as lithium charging is a dangerous process.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections