Customer’s impression:
Good charger Recomendado Reasonable Рекомендую Fast Charger
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Excellent Charger even thought weird

posted by iccyy on 07/28/2009
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

The two charge channels are separate, each charges at 1A constant current rate when battery terminal voltage in channel 1 is less than 2.8V, and 4.0V in Channel 2. When placing the charger upright with the LED's at the bottom, the left position I called channel 1, and the other ch2 arbitrarily.

Above this threshold, the charger behaves like a constant voltage sources of 4.236V throught a limiting resistor of 1.1 ohm in channel 1, and 2.0 ohm in channel 2.

Channel 1 starts charging at 0.0V (1A+), and Ch2 not until above 0.6V.

One special use for me is to combine both ch1 and ch2 to become a 2A charger for large Li-On cell.

Both would not charged if cells are loaded in reverse polarity (thank goodness!)

Cons:

It is weird to have two channel separate but different. Can't tell whether it is a faulty design or a feature.

Anyway, 1. charging at constant current without bringing it to say 2.5V at triggle charge risk damaging the Li-On as is recommended.

2. The charger does not cut off after reaching 4.22 Volt. I suggested a AC timer be used to cut off power after say 2 hrs. or 30 minutes after the lighs goes green, if remove them.

3. Avoid using it to charge other size battery. The rest are of smaller capacities and may be damaged.

OtherThoughts:

This item look similar to sku 6105 externally except my is Euro plug which a bought wrongly and have to use a round pin to flat pin adaptor. This one called 'OEM' charger while sku6105. Might it be mine is OEM prototype not accepted?

Bottomline:

It doesn't matter as it works beautifully. The strong contact springs are definitely plus whcih ensure good contact. This will be my work horse for years

Post comment

DX Everywhere