Customer’s impression:
Good charger Fast Charger charge good Slow charger graet
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Excellent Charger even thought weird

posted by iccyy on 07/28/2009
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

The two charge channels are separate, each charges at 1A constant current rate when battery terminal voltage in channel 1 is less than 2.8V, and 4.0V in Channel 2. When placing the charger upright with the LED's at the bottom, the left position I called channel 1, and the other ch2 arbitrarily.

Above this threshold, the charger behaves like a constant voltage sources of 4.236V throught a limiting resistor of 1.1 ohm in channel 1, and 2.0 ohm in channel 2.

Channel 1 starts charging at 0.0V (1A+), and Ch2 not until above 0.6V.

One special use for me is to combine both ch1 and ch2 to become a 2A charger for large Li-On cell.

Both would not charged if cells are loaded in reverse polarity (thank goodness!)

Cons:

It is weird to have two channel separate but different. Can't tell whether it is a faulty design or a feature.

Anyway, 1. charging at constant current without bringing it to say 2.5V at triggle charge risk damaging the Li-On as is recommended.

2. The charger does not cut off after reaching 4.22 Volt. I suggested a AC timer be used to cut off power after say 2 hrs. or 30 minutes after the lighs goes green, if remove them.

3. Avoid using it to charge other size battery. The rest are of smaller capacities and may be damaged.

OtherThoughts:

This item look similar to sku 6105 externally except my is Euro plug which a bought wrongly and have to use a round pin to flat pin adaptor. This one called 'OEM' charger while sku6105. Might it be mine is OEM prototype not accepted?

Bottomline:

It doesn't matter as it works beautifully. The strong contact springs are definitely plus whcih ensure good contact. This will be my work horse for years

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections