Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bystijda on 04/13/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:-Very accurate distance measuring in the 10cm to 30cm. -Good for object detection (e.g. object moving by) -No influence from object materials, what can be the case with IR-based distance sensors Cons:-Rather small measuring range (10cm to 30cm) -Programming is a bit 'tr... Read more

0 0
  • posted bycoreyb93 on 05/22/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:this sensor can do the job well for simple projects. works well with arduinos Cons:it is a very simple sensor, requires a deeper knowledge of how it works as well as programming skills to be able to operate it correctly. Make sure you read the data sheet or tr... Read more

0 0
  • posted byNecrocon on 04/25/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Price is very good, for this device. It can't meassure very long distances but, for detecion of movemant closeby it is perfect or hit detection on a robot Cons:A con is that they deliver different versions if you order them seperatly OtherThoughts:The product... Read more

0 0
  • posted bylorenzog91 on 03/05/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Precise. Easy to use, well documented ... on the web. In French: Precis. Facile à utiliser, bien documenté... sur le web. Cons:Range, depending on the material and the angle, it is difficult to exceed 2.5 meters, but we always want more ... In French: La port&... Read more

0 0
  • posted byelectgpl on 01/25/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Excellent ultrasonic module has arrived safely and in good condition, is REALLY EASY to use only necessary to send a trigger signal and wait for you to return an echo, the idea of this module is measurement of distance and obstacles. and the best way to use is... Read more

front module back module module in an application circuit
    0 0
  • posted byRBMK9000 on 01/03/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Centimeter accuracy Goes from 0cm to farther than 2,5m four pin interface unbeatable price Cons:I found nothing bad about it. OtherThoughts:You can connect it to one pin of your microcontroller if you wire trig and echo together and use program or sketch for three pin P... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydrbogger on 11/26/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Works Great! No False Readings at all! Very Accurate Readings! Nice and Small to use for embedded applications. Easy to Use. Cons:Nothing that I can think of. It's just that good! OtherThoughts:Good to be used to detect when people and animals are near. Could... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybmagyar on 11/17/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:I had my time with sonars and this one is cool one especially because of it's price and quality. The 4-pin design makes it clear how to use it without runtime pinmode switching (unlike the 3-pin sonars). It's nice in close-range measures. Cons:It's far from th... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjpeyton on 11/09/2012

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Build quality is good. Works as advertised, however I wish the range was better. Price is unbeatable. Cons:I may need to tweak the code a bit, but using tutorials found in the Internet, the range isn't much better than 2-3 feet. OtherThoughts:Using tutorials fro... Read more

0 0
  • posted byTalpa on 10/28/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:It is relative cheap Not that hard to use Cons:Suffers from a common 200ms no target "bug" compared to the datasheet available from other sites (They specify 38ms) http://www.mentby.com/paul-bouchier/ultrasonic-sensor.html 450cm range OtherThoughts:A m... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections