Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good, not great

posted by orivar on 07/31/2009
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

* Great for first person shooters - I've been using it with Call of Duty 5 and even though it's easier to play with a mouse and keyboard the gaming experience is much better with a (plastic) gun

* Good design - based on the original Wii Zapper, this item has carefully placed compartments for the nanchuck cable and mounting the nanchuck and a good grip on the wiimote

* Moderately priced (cheaper than original)

Cons:

* Bad packaging - comes in a plastic bag (inside the DX bubblewrap envelope), mine came with a small scrape on one of the corners

* Build quality lacking - the trigger would only fire when pushed upwards not by actual pulling. I solved this problem by sticking a piece of rubber (used for window sealing - comes with an adhesive on one side) inside the gun where the trigger pushes the wiimote's B button for firing. Works like a charm now :)

* Moderately priced (yes it's much cheaper than the original one - which comes with a simple game - but it's still a little pricey for a big piece of plastic)

OtherThoughts:

I haven't seen any other complaints regarding the trigger, as opposed to with other Wii guns. Could be mine was just defective, but adding the piece of rubber was simpler than sending it back...

Bottomline:

Playing first person shooters on the Wii is generally less exciting than on other platforms because of the poor graphics. However, playing with a wireless gun makes it worthwhile - and as far as guns go this seems to be a fairly decent gun for a fairly decent price.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections