DX » Community » Reviews » IR Infrared Motion Detection Sensor Module (DC 5V~20V)
  • 5 star 14 ( 74% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 26% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byKornJ on 10/20/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Easy to use with just only a transistor (or other) needed to amplify, buffer the output. Include the control over sensitiveness and time. Very good range and sensitive even at "middle" setting. Even a centimeter of hand movement can be detected at ra... Read more

4 1
  • posted bystanojoski on 09/25/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:This is one of the things you would want to have if you do home automation or alarm system. It is cheep, working perfectly and i was not able to cheat him off. Very reliable for using on Arduino like projects. Easy to use and no lag. Fast detection and i had h... Read more

IR Infrared Motion Detection Sensor Module (DC 5V~ IR Infrared Motion Detection Sensor Module (DC 5V~
    0 0
  • posted byMurrayB on 08/04/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:There is no documentation for it. Google HC-SR501. You can connect CdS light sensor in it. It has two potentiometers and jumper pads so you can setup to suit your needs. Cons:Would be nice if a datasheet was available. But you don't really expect that from the... Read more

• posted bytnvd on 06/20/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:This is one of the fun items to use with your development board or in an actual application. There is enough information on the internet on how to connect, how to install light sensor, how to install temperature compensation for high ambient temperature. Also... Read more

0 0
  • posted byzaidpirwani on 06/10/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Small Size, detects motion from 5+ feet which i tested, trimpots given for changing the sensitivity. Cons:The Plastic Lens case is very lightly attached. No datasheet provided in specifications Capacitors should have been SMD OtherThoughts:the Packaging should h... Read more

One in package and the other out of it
    1 0
  • posted bylgnd33 on 05/23/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Very nice and very small. Seems pretty well built. Easy to hook up and use. Adjustable delay time and sensitivity and decent range (excellent for the size). Cons:No major flaws. Dome plastics is a bit transparent and could be bit homogeneous in color, but this is really a... Read more

0 0
  • posted byTurboanimal on 05/17/2013

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Very good product, easy to manipulate. Detects an human located in 4 meters at least (tested indoor) in about 1 sec (in all directions). Good for domotic apps (auto light turning on...) Cons:The white part was broken, but it works. The 3 black pins were also t... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydavet76 on 04/18/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:It's cheap and it works okay. PRetty easy to wire up - with an Arduino 5V to 5V, GND to GND and Out to a digital pin configured as input. You can connect it up without a microcontroller - basically if you have 5V and GND connected, the out pin gives 3.3V (I think) and app... Read more

1 0
  • posted byHenkisme on 03/25/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Great product for the price! Worked great in some of my DIY projects. Very easy to use, simple digital output. Great product for beginners and also suitable for more advanced prototypers. Module is small enough to be easy to hide and a guarantee for fun projects. Cons:B... Read more

0 0
  • posted bytdetrina on 03/25/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:It's a product of a nice quality and very easy to use for people which are getting started on arduino. I found some examples on internet and started to use it inmediately Cons:Its design could be better (capacitors do not let you install it at the center of protoboard)... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections