DX » Community » Reviews » IR Infrared Motion Detection Sensor Module (DC 5V~20V)
  • 5 star 14 ( 74% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 26% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good for the price

posted by davet76 on 04/18/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

It's cheap and it works okay. PRetty easy to wire up - with an Arduino 5V to 5V, GND to GND and Out to a digital pin configured as input. 
    You can connect it up without a microcontroller - basically if you have 5V and GND connected, the out pin gives 3.3V (I think) and apparently has a resisotr in series so you can connect straight to an LED - this is useful for troubleshooting

Cons:

The orientation of the pins makes it hard to plug into a breadboard - and I didn't have femal to male connectors to had to use female-female to male-male to connect to Arduino

OtherThoughts:

Its not mentioned in the docs how to adjust it - if you look at the 2 adjustable bits (variable resistors I believe) they are labelled on the PCB - one is labelled Ch1 and the other labelled RL2. 
    - Ch1 changes how long the output stays on
    - RL2 controls the sensitivity
    Sensitivity isn't that great so i had it set to maximum

Bottomline:

Good value for money considering the price, if you need maximum reliability you may need to pay more (or maybe get two working together and either one could detect.
    Would recommend it for hobbyists.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections