DX » Community » Reviews » 1.6" LCD Nokia 5110 LCD Module with White Backlit for Arduino (Works with Official Arduino Boards)
  • 5 star 17 ( 89% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 11% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byGCrusty on 07/04/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:This object doing exactly what he should do. Ports are the right size for a breadboard, contrast and brightness of the backlight is PWM adjustable. Cons:We need to weld the connector as it is not in advance. But it helps to choose the orientation and location of connect... Read more

Nokia 5110 whith breadboard and Raspberry Pi
    0 0
  • posted byteamjcr on 06/08/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Inexpensive and easy to use! Works with Arduino Mega using the PCD8544 driver library posted on Arduino's website. Highly recommended if you need an inexpensive display to show status information. Cons:None. Could be nicer if there was a backlight dimming circ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byboosthf on 01/28/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:The product was much better then expected. The backlight is very bright en really iluminates the screen. There fits more text on the screen then i expected. I think this product has a very good price. It is great for your little projects. Cons:I gave 3 stars t... Read more

0 0
  • posted byAaronZimm on 01/04/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Easily fits 104 characters on screen. Bright back-light with brightness control. Contrast controls. I've accidentally shorted it and made it flicker on and off rapidly and there hasn't been any noticeable damage. Interfacing it with an Arduino was effortless. Cons:You m... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydanielfiser on 12/02/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:This is a cheap and nice graphical LCD board, easy to use with Arduino. It has nice and very bright white backlight. Its brightness can be adjusted programmatically. The board can display graphics and text. Cons:The board runs on 3V#, so a level shifter is nee... Read more

2 0
  • posted bythefug on 09/20/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:These displays are in mint condition,(in Elec Freaks carton boxes) mine came with unsoldered connector(s), which is a blessing ! because the supplied pins are too thick for low profile printed circuit boards female connectors, I like the shorter round pins, the supplied... Read more

2 0
  • posted bydangerous666 on 07/20/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:- Very well packed; - Great soldering; - LCD screen came with protective film; - Several libraries available to use it with Arduino; - Very good backlight; Cons:- LCD screen came with some scratches; - Some lines of the LCD are fading; - Works only with 3.3v,... Read more

0 0
  • posted byOrcalib on 02/26/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:First and foremost, this is about the cheapest, compact, pixel matrix type LCD on the market that is also quite simple to use making it perfect for experimenting, prototyping, output monitoring etc. The PCB layout is clean with symmetrical pinouts on top and b... Read more

2 0
  • posted bybramdebie on 02/11/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:- Good build quality There are already pin's soldered to the LCD, so it is very easy to connect the screen to a prototype board. The LCD has 4 LED's that backlight it, so even when it's dark you can use the screen. Also in normal daylight the screen is good re... Read more

1 0
  • posted bymaksoff on 01/27/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Extremely low price for this easy-to-use display. In internet huge amount of information, how you can use it in yours DIY projects. Simple to connect as two leds :) Easy to connect with Arduino, AVR oder STM32 device. I will to use it with clever remote. Cons:... Read more

1 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections