Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Seems to wire up very easily but more instructions would be nice

posted by thekanester on 08/18/2012
    3 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Firstly, this is nice and cheap and looks to be well made, with everything soldered on well and straight. The attachment points all appear to be well marked and I followed some online tutorials to get it wired up to the Arduino and displaying text.

Cons:

I've read conflicting specifications for 5110 screens. Some sites say that you need to convert the 5v TTL signals to 3.3v and some don't. Some of the reviews here indicate that strange behaviours are occurring over time with these modules too, so I'm still not sure how to safely wire this for longevity. Therefore, it would be good if the proper specification could be posted for this component so we can all use them properly.

OtherThoughts:

Got it wired up without backlight. Didn't actually test backlight, for some reason, but it was during the day and I didn't need it, but I'll assume it all works fine, if I drive it from the 3.3v port.

Bottomline:

It's cheap, and a useful way out getting debug output on your Arduino. I've just got to find a novel application for it now!

Post comment

DX Everywhere