• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Well worth the money!

posted by pbs357 on 07/09/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The GOOD: bright, white tinted Q5 led. Lube on the threads!, 4 flat sided body allows firm grip, recessed tailcap lets it tailstand, and it has a pocket clip. For this little money, it's EXCELLENT. Comes with a Q5 drop in!

Cons:

The BAD: tailcap threads are bad - where the threads begin, I had to bend/peel away some aluminum thread that was bent out of line. Strangely, screwing on the tailcap now is not affected by some missing metal where the body first meets the tailcap. While the emitter is bright and nicely tinted, the reflective coating on the reflector edges (which can't be seen when installed in the light) flaked off quite a bit, forcing some Q-tip cleaning.

OtherThoughts:

The tailcap looks and feels like a giant Fenix clicky. Reverse clicky style. The pocket clip is a good length, though it doesn't seem very firm to bend so I'm not sure if it'll last forever.

The anodizing matched nicely and there were not scratches on delivery.

Overall, a great value. Someone said it should be an R2 and not a Q5, though I'll say with this same order I bought the 11836 (R2 single mode drop in), and the R2 is dimmer and much more blue than this light.

In my opinion, definitely worth the money!

Bottomline:

Buy one for the car! Great output and ease of use, and if it gets stolen, its cost is minimal!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections