DX » Community » Reviews » Ultrafire C1 Q5-WC 230-Lumen LED Flashlight with Clip (2*CR123A/1*18650)
  • 5 star 33 ( 77% )
  • 4 star 9 ( 21% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 2% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Just short of perfect.

posted by 1dash1 on 09/10/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The Q5's bright running off 18650's. Brighter still running off either CR123's or RCR123's. I like the fact that I can run this light for long periods on a single 18650 and run it on primaries in the event of emergencies/power outtages. Single mode: Off/On. Can't get much easier to use than that.

Cons:

Lots of partially attached and loose metal cuttings on all threads. Dirty lens.

Irregular lubrication: gobs of oil in some places, dry in other places.

Took over two months for delivery due to a mistake in filling my original order.

OtherThoughts:

I knew ahead of time that this flashlight was too bright for my needs. I bought it as a host for SKU 13658. Together with my FM34 diffuser, they give me three usable modes of floody light with very long runtimes.

I wish DX would sell a 2-mode tailcap, like the one that comes with SKU 12325. I'd run the Q5 and/or R2 off of it. I might lose some runtime with that resistored option, but the utility gained would be worthwhile for me.

Bottomline:

Simple, good quality product. Very bright. Useful for those who have a need for bright lights. Useful for me as an 18650 P60 host.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections