DX » Community » Reviews » Stainless Steel Self-Winding Mechanical Tachometer Wristwatch
  • 5 star 83 ( 59% )
  • 4 star 51 ( 36% )
  • 3 star 4 ( 3% )
  • 2 star 2 ( 1% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Decent

posted by 7hirteen on 08/13/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

It's pretty heavy weighing in at 108 grams with three links removed, versus my fake rolex of 55g (which seems super lightweight and cheap in comparison).
    Four ticks a second just adds a better quality feel to the watch.
    Fairly inexpensive for a decent watch.
    Shiny.
    Not overly large.

Cons:

Bracelet scratches easily (first day wearing mine and 3 of the links have scuffs from something… not sure how they got them)
    Bubble / round crystal looks kind of awkward from an angle. That might be a pro for some, but I’d rather have mine flat. I can see it picking up more small scratches than a flat one would (since it sticks out rather than sitting flush with a little more protection from the ring around the crystal).
    Hands are nearly impossible to read at night time and the only time they glow is if I’m walking around outside and then step into a very dark room.
    First one arrived with a broken minute hand – package didn’t show physical abuse, so I don’t know what happened there. Pretty quick replacement though.

OtherThoughts:

It has only lost about 5 seconds in 24 hours so mine seems to be fairly accurate. Although, being on such a short timeline that’s hardly a thorough analysis of the actual function of the watch.

Bottomline:

For the price this is a pretty sweet automatic watch. I decided to take a chance on it after breaking the bracelet on my other fake (damn raccoons) and it seems to be a decent replacement. I'm curious how long it'll last and how it'll keep time in the next year or so.
    It's pretty easy to adjust yourself. The pins are pretty solidly stuck in place so I used an allan key screwdriver and a small hammer using very very light taps to get the pin out enough to pull with pliers. Using an adjusting tool would have been much easier but this did the trick too. (paperclips weren't strong enough)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections