DX » Community » Reviews » 3W InfraRed LED 850nm IR Emitter on 2cm Star (1.5V~1.7V DC)
  • 5 star 4 ( 100% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bydebubudeh on 05/19/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Throws off a lot of infrared light Cons:Gets very hot Need high thermal rated resistors High current compared to normal leds OtherThoughts:Used to make a sensor bar for my wii that runs off the computers USB port. Pretty sure the power requirements are way out of the us... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMagicflame on 10/05/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:The performance from this LED is amazing! I wired this to a 2 volt sealed lead acid battery as suggested by dav850, but lost my nerve, as the battery was brand new and reading about 2.36 volt open-circuit, so I opted to limit the current with 5 x 5 Ohm resistors in parall... Read more

1 0
  • posted bylukasandrysik on 01/12/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Very bright infrared LED. Well it is bright on camera. with naked eye you can see only little red and nothing else. But you you see through camera, you can see it is very bright. It is bright enough to pass through my finger and it looks like x-ray! :-)). Cons... Read more

2 0
  • posted byMcPiebot on 04/11/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:very bright infrared led well, it is not really brigt because it is invisible for the human eye, but it is not invisible for almost all ccd or cmos cameras and that is how I tested it. Cheap, really cheap Cons:it is an emmiter of invisible light but when it is... Read more

0 2

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections