Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Great IR mini helicopter

posted by transfesa on 06/02/2009
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

- 3 channels let you go up, down, forward, back, turn right and turn left.

- Looks very realistic and it's sturdy enough for learning how to fly these tiny choppers.

- Very easy to trim rudder with the center knob, perhaps a bit too sensitive but it's ok.

- It includes a small screw driver for maintenance, two different tail rotors, two links for the flybar and the plastic upper rotor shaft as spares.

Cons:

Although DX had the caution of packaging the box upside down for helping to protect the helicopter from possible hits, unluckily the box had been shocked just in the carton side. The helicopter was almost intact, but the flybar was just a bit curved, making it fly in small circles. After getting it straight again with some pressure and applying a bit of oil to the axle and gears, it now flies more stable.

- As these small copters don't have gyro, it tends to turn over itself while ascending or descending, specially when battery is getting low, so you must counterreact with rudder to keep it pointing to the same direction.

OtherThoughts:

- As it doesn't have side movement, sometimes it's a bit hard trying to hover low due to the floor effect. I'll keep learning with this beauty and perhaps in a future I'll buy a 4CH helicopter as a next step.

- DX should offer spare blades for this, as they're made from one piece of plastic. They look very sturdy, but I'm affraid I'll be very sad if I break one as this is a great helicopter.

Bottomline:

Definitely the best 3CH IR mini helicopter I've seen anywhere! A bit larger than other IR helicopters and even cheaper than 2CH helicopters found in normal stores.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections