Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• awesome bang for buck

posted by m4t3y on 04/13/2010
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

super cheap for what you get
    very bright
    great light output (using sku.19627)
    fits protected batteries
    The zoom mechanism has just the right amount of resistance so no need to put in o-rings as someone else wrote here.
    due to it's compact size it makes a great helmet light for mtb-ing (mounted with sku.12000). Have it for almost a year now and still works as new. I mainly use my fenix p3d q5 as everyday light that I always have in my pocket so I haven't used it as much as I would if this was my only light.
    Very unintrusive light thx to absolutely constant flood with no hotspot. Very nice when looking for something.

Cons:

the switch is kinda wobbly and sometimes when pressed moves to one side (will return to centre if pressed again)
    the back part with the switch has some imperfections in the screws. Kinda hard to screw in straight and has some resistance. But no big deal for the low price.
    Too bulky to use as a primary everyday light for your pocket, but for my application (secondary helmet light) it works just perfect.

OtherThoughts:

The body is kinda thick. Could be much thinner with the Cr123 battery. That is cause there is also version with 3xAAA. But since the head is much thicker anyway not really a big deal. The head is too big anyway to fit in a jeans pocket comfortably.

Bottomline:

You will not get a better light for that price. I bought it together with Spiderfire ssc p7 (sku.19767) just cause it was so cheap and never regretted it. Has enough output to ride my bike even alone. Together with Spiderfire SSC P7 and Fenix P3D Q5 on my handlebars it provides all the light I need for even very fast downhills and when going slow it provides enough light to see around me since I have it mounted on my helmet.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections