• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• The little torch that could.

posted by thekanester on 10/27/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

I bought this just before it sold out! I also bought one of the xm-l t6 zoom-flood torches that professes to have 900 lumens that was twice the price of this one. I've owned a bunch of p4 torches and know how generally decent they are in terms of output.

To my surprise, this little thing is almost indistinguishable from the xm-l. I was disappointed by that one, but over the moon with this little one.

It's also stupidly small and looks very cute. It's great to see so much output from such a stubby torch. I'm disappointed that these are sold out as I'd buy another few as gifts if they weren't.

Cons:

There are no cons - certainly not at this price. The only thing I would mention is that there is a little tiny bit of slop around the head, but it's not too bad.

The inner tube also has a plastic liner for the battery, but I guess to make it compatible with some cheaper batteries that might be a little wider, it's a bit generous. My protected CR123A doesn't rattle about too much, and it's generally very good.

OtherThoughts:

All the moving parts are greased and move without issue - I'm really pleased with it. I haven't conducted any runtime tests on this yet, but I'd expect about 30 minutes at full brightness and over an hour of usable runtime.

Bottomline:

Currently sold out - would buy more if DX get more in. Really good little torch.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections