• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• amazing concept

posted by sevin7 on 08/15/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

the flood to spot is amazing. It out throws the cree "superthrower" . The only thing it doesn't compete with is an aspheric mag with a cree Q5. The larger 52mm aspheric lens projects a much smaller cree die, which in turn makes a tighter and more intense beam.

Cons:

Upon disassembly I came to find a star simply sitting in the light with no thermal paste. It is held down by an aluminum ring with a peace of plastic. This means it is poorly heat sinked, which is obvious when you run the light for an hour straight and it doesn't even get warm.

OtherThoughts:

I have fully disassembled it. To take apart the top, just unscrew the ring around the very top of the bezel. It was glued, but very weakly glued to say the least.

Run time is about 45 mins until a protected 123a drops to 3V and brightness greatly diminishes

It is brighter than the 3AAA variant of the light, yet I do not know why as both lights are directly driven from very similar voltage.

Bottomline:

Despite poor heat sinking, its brilliant.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections