Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Protection for your Hard Drive

posted by Throd on 05/16/2011
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

A good protective layer for your hard drive. The thick rubber corners protect the hard drive from all six sides, whilst still allowing access to the data and power ports.

From the pictures I thought the hard drive may be able to fall out from the edge with the ports, but it cannot - you need to stretch the rubber quite a bit in order to fit the drive in it, and then it securely clamps all around it.

The four bumpers at the corners make sure that whichever way you place it (it can freely stand on any one of its six sides), it will have a few millimeter of clearance from the surface, and they have a good, firm grip. The bottom part of the bumpers are convex, while the top is concave, which means you can easily stack them one atop the other and they will snugly fit one another.

Three of the four edge-sides are lined with rubbery fingers to provide an additional cushiony effect. The side with the ports doesn't have them, since it's almost absent, and is thus the most exposed.

Yesterday, when I unwrapped it, I could smell it if I put my nose to it. To me it smelled good, but I like the smell of gasoline. Today, after being in a drawer since, I can't smell anything.

Cons:

A good protective layer for your hard drive. The thick rubber corners protect the hard drive from all six sides, whilst still allowing access to the data and power ports.

From the pictures I thought the hard drive may be able to fall out from the edge with the ports, but it cannot - you need to stretch the rubber quite a bit in order to fit the drive in it, and then it securely clamps all around it.

The four bumpers at the corners make sure that whichever way you place it (it can freely stand on any one of its six sides), it will have a few millimeter of clearance from the surface, and they have a good, firm grip. The bottom part of the bumpers are convex, while the top is concave, which means you can easily stack them one atop the other and they will snugly fit one another.

Three of the four edge-sides are lined with rubbery fingers to provide an additional cushiony effect. The side with the ports doesn't have them, since it's almost absent, and is thus the most exposed.

Yesterday, when I unwrapped it, I could smell it if I put my nose to it. To me it smelled good, but I like the smell of gasoline. Today, after being in a drawer since, I can't smell anything.

Bottomline:

So far it seems like a better alternative than the PVC hard drive box which is sold here (and I have several of), since unlike the box, it probably won't shatter when the hard drive drops from a mere 40 cm, and will most defiantly protect the hard drive better from shock.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections