DX » Community » Reviews » APC220 Wireless RF Modules w/ Antennas / USB Converter for Arduino
  • 5 star 10 ( 67% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 33% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byrubenfer82 on 03/23/2014

takes your projects to the next level. You don't have to follow your vehicles with a cable... :-) you can do A LOT of stuff with this. you don't need a vehicle... be creative. I made a successful connection inside my house. the signal went trough all the walls. Not a big thing for this device as it must reach 800m in clean environment. I struggled to ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydev4tech on 03/05/2014

Includes USB>>TTL adapter so just plug'n'play, has data direction pin (i'am using it for wireless RS-485), small power consumption, support point to multipoint . Very good coverage. Large data buffer helps send over wireless protocols like Modbus (tested with 4 different energy meters and 2 temperature, humidity sensors). NO Don't forget change ... Read more

Wireless RS-485 using APC220 for meters & etc.
    1 0
  • posted bylex77 on 01/30/2014

Cheap, good quality, easy for initial setup (but need to download software and drivers). Easy to use. Good transmission range, about 1 Km on max power, with custom antenna. I have good results with self made 433MHz J-antennas. No objective cons. But... price may be lower. Description is not contained links for datasheet and software. Datasheet, setup ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysteve108 on 12/30/2013

Simple to use Excellent range Included antennas work great Linux configuration utility not provided Set up a telemetry system on an RC airplane using these and an arduino. With included antennas range exceeds the distance I can see my airplane (~3' wingspan) These basically work like a wireless serial port, you can communicate through the serial monitor ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bystarioni on 12/21/2013

Works out of the box. And works fine with Arduino. Also USB-Serial converter is usable with other products. Good quality. Prize is a bit high for DealExtreme prize. But still I bought another pair from DealExtreme. Altough, I didn't find hose cheaper from anywhere. This was a second pair of those to me. They all can "hear" each other. So you ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byNedwos on 05/19/2013

> Quick and easy serial communication between two devices > Good Range > In-built error correction > Comes with USB-to-Serial connector for even quicker set-up > Great value for money! > Had a few issues setting up at first, but all good. If you're having trouble with your modules, run through the setup process here: http://wiki.openpilot.... Read more

1 0
  • posted bysaxsim on 05/09/2013

Long range, adjustable frequency, encrypted link. Lack of documentation. I was able to edit the settings with PC via the included USB - TTL converter, but unable to recieve any data. Antennas could be better. Software also isn't perfect, it always gives you an error in Chinese, but it works. To solve the recieving problem on PC, connect the module via ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydeman13 on 03/29/2013

Good quality, has been shipped within 3 weeks. Can be used for it's purpose. Easy to connect and use. All info about how to use the dev. can be found on the internet. Can be cheaper. Didn't hold the claimed distance of 1000m if one of the transmitters is in a building and the other on is outside. Starts loosing connection at around 100m. Didn't check ... Read more

1 1
  • posted byFollowman on 03/11/2013

Easy to use. Plugin into USB, install drivers and work! Tested on Windows7. Good construction quality. PCB is soldered fine. RF transmitting power is real. Antenna included could be stronger. This can increase the range of work. There might be a strange realization of all signals of the COM port. I.e. for example might not be able to use this device ... Read more

2 0
  • posted byccenteno on 02/20/2013

All parts included, 2 modules, usb adaptor and usb wire. To RF link PC --> Arduino, or Arduino --> Arduino, or Our development to any another device. Easy to use. Configuration Software in web (RF magic for APC22x V1.2A). To test APC device I use arduino Mega and Robot Car Kit. I need to test the max distance with included antenna and using external ... Read more

2 modules on Arduino MEGA Robot Car KIT Linked to PC with APC220
    2 1

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections