DX » Community » Reviews » USB DC 1~5V to DC 5V Voltage Step Up Boost Module - Green
  • 5 star 4 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byJunglemike on 07/07/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Great dc-dc. It gives approximately 500ma, If you try to increase the current consumption - the voltage drops. Efficiency is 82% (calculated by me) when supplying 500ma, and Vin=3.8V. You can put 2 or more of these in parallel to get very fast and efficient ph... Read more

0 0
  • posted byGreenTechNetwor on 07/01/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:I've tested this module with a few devices and can confirm it works with the following: Most android phones Most non smart phones Most USB devices I've ran it for over an hour during tests. My phone pulls about 1A while charging and the module was only slightl... Read more

1 2
  • posted byTrisMcKee on 03/04/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:-Fairly solid build quality -Red LED confirms circuit is working -All solders look good to me -Works with many different batteries -Delivered a good 4.9-5v -Very small -Solid USB connector Cons:-Wasn't powerful enough to charge my ipod touch (4th gen) or Nexus... Read more

1 0
  • posted byrelic38 on 12/04/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:- Small, easy to use - Stays cool enough to put in an enclosure without worrying about overheating Cons:- LED is on as long as power is applied; cannot be used to indicate charging is active. This may or may not be a bad thing. - The top of the coil chips easi... Read more

Minor coil chip; no concern, still functions fine
    6 0
  • posted bymarcosh72 on 11/22/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:- Really works; - Fine regulated out, it's pretty accurate 5v; - You can recharge your phone or whatever from a single AA battery or any other supply, like a solar panel; - It's small; - Fits everywhere, seems great to embedded projects; Cons:- It's hard to at... Read more

5 0
  • posted bymetal03326 on 10/03/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:- It's cheap. - It has good build quality. - It's small. Cons:- Voltage drops when heavy load is applied. - The LED mounted on the board cannot be switched off to save precious milliamps when needed. OtherThoughts:I bought this for my solar panel (3.4 volts at... Read more

1 2
  • posted bysamkosamko on 09/24/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Very good dc-dc step-up converter. I use it for powering my smartphone when use hiking navigating software. I bought a 18650 battery holder case to power this module. It is possible to power module from any battery, but then input current will be higher. Usefull... Read more

4 0
  • posted byPolonium on 09/13/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Great gadget for a very reasonable price. I use this step-up booster to transform the voltage of 3 solar panels (about 1.5V) to 5V. The current however is insuficcient to charge my smartphone. Most other devices charged well. (I think maximum current at 1.5V i... Read more

3 1

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections