DX » Community » Reviews » Driver-free Universal USB IR Media Remote Controller for PC (2*AAA)
  • 5 star 50 ( 67% )
  • 4 star 22 ( 29% )
  • 3 star 3 ( 4% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• A must-have accessory for media server!

posted by Jakkeke on 11/30/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

-Cheap! The item would have cost at least 20$ in my country(Finland)!

-Versatile. Not only does it get the job done when it comes to controlling media, but it also has mouse "pad" and R and L mouse buttons so you can easily check your email with it too.

-Hotkeys. User can specify an action for each hotkey. For example launching your media server program and/or locking your computer.

-Enough buttons for a complete control of your media server.

-No drivers needed neither do you have to install anything to your computer.

Cons:

-The mouse pad could be better. That's why I will have to give 4/5 build of quality. The pad works though, but it is quite hard to use.

-You have to point the remote exactly to the receiver. I'll forgive this though, because some of the more expensive ones also have this.

OtherThoughts:

It comes with a manual. It's powered by two AAA batteries that are not included in the package.

Bottomline:

It's handy, it's cheap and it's almost as good as a more expensive one. I would recommend this product for anyone who has a media server(for example XBMC, which I use daily) or just likes to listen to music or watch movies on their computers. Cheers.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections