DX » Community » Reviews » Seoul Semiconductors Z-Power LED Emitter (U-bin)
  • 5 star 25 ( 71% )
  • 4 star 6 ( 17% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 6% )
  • 2 star 2 ( 6% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byheng84 on 07/05/2010

Tested it direct driving with 3 x AAA's battery while waiting for my driver to come , im amazed with the brightness even though i measure it only 200ma on tail but its bright, now i just need to wait for my driver to come and proper battery setup will drive this thing brightly. Nothing much, i din expect this led emitter to be in such a good quality,... Read more

0 0
  • posted byzippyzappy on 06/26/2010

Upon visual inspection when recieved, this is a high quality unit. I upgraded my TikkaXP by directly exchanging with the original unit. The P4 is extremely reliable and has just the right color for my outdoor use. I have been using the light regularly in both of my headlamps for hiking. Seems to me using this led has increased the usefulness of my lights.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMorbius77 on 12/15/2009

+Awesome pricing for an LED that can take a pounding! +Very bright, and will last for a LONG time if you drive them with a regulated power supply such as sold here on DX. +Every unit I have received has worked flawlessly to date +junctions are solid, wafer size is small compared to other brands. -Some of the LEDs are mounted a little crooked on the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byBlack_Rose on 02/28/2009

- very bright - more than half the cost of other sellers - almost a direct drop-in replacement for star mounted Luxeon I & III LEDs. - Only an issue if you are swapping out Luxeon LEDs. The overall height of the LED + star is slightly smaller than an equivalent Luxeon LED + star. May result in slight beam issue - When I ordered these they were listed ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bykuksul08 on 01/05/2009

Great price, Easy to install (same form factor and optical properties as comparable luxeon emitters so it's an easy upgrade), very bright, efficient (has run for hours on end in a 3AA direct drive headlamp with minimal dimming) Gummy dome is kind of weird and collects dust just by looking at it, slight greenish and bluish tint I bought it to upgrade ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byThyra on 12/31/2008

Bright and good color temperature. Bottom of star PCB is isolated from chip. Excellent for upgrading older lights, because optically compatible with Luxeon III. I have bought ten or more over the last months and was able to upgrade many of my own and my friends lights. I'm going to continue getting these as long as there are upgradeable lights around.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byfishmarket on 11/01/2008

great price, bright, appears good quality and works well with SKU 3256 driver. Bit of warm one lit up, woa, it's only 29 C though I am not sure what's current from the driver. I used 6 V 400 mA power supply as input to the driver circuit. So with 80% efficiency, roughly 2 W driving power. So the LED is under driven. But it's still bright enough as table ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byisti.242 on 09/08/2008

It's an affordable, quite efficient LED with good brightness level. Mine came bubblewrapped with correct polarity indications on it. It has a nice white color. Not really. I bought this LED to upgrade my old PrincetonTec EOS headlamp. I just replaced the outdated Luxeon III star with the new SSC and the brightness level of the lamp increased significantly.... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydavidin on 06/14/2008

Ideal para upgradear linteras con leds similares pero menos potentes. Yo por ejemplo lo he usado para dar más luz con un frontal de leds modelo Myo XP de la marca Petzl. Hay que tener cuidado al soldar el led, pero en verdad ninguna pega achacable al producto en si. Si buscas por internet encontraras fotos de como hacer la sustitución de un ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byisomax on 05/29/2008

Plenty of light. I have found that the Vf is sorpresively lower than i espected. For the work i have used the two ones i have purchased (a bike, dynamo, powered frontlight), they are perfect. The dome is rubber like. Really not a DX con, the units provided by seoul are this like. none. A note for DX: I think there is some chances of doing business with ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections