There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Cute!

posted by waffle on 10/01/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The best thing about this light is its massive spot when zoomed right out. It's a big bright circle. Even if this light didn't have its adjustability, it would be worth looking at for that alone. Of course, the main draw is the focusing, which certainly does work. At widest, it throws a big bright circle. At narrowest, it throws a small square four-segmented pattern in the shape of the emitter :)

Cons:

The zoom mechanism feels a bit cheap. Overall build is pretty cheap really. The lanyard it comes with is better than most budget lights' though.

I'm also not sure if this is water resistant. Maybe I'll leave it in wide mode, and hot-glue around the adjuster to keep the water out :P

OtherThoughts:

I can't see myself using this often in its zoomed-in throw mode - compared to any more throwy light, it's pretty ordinary. The appeal is really just in the wide beam, which is quite novel.

I tested runtime after a fashion - it seemed to run fairly brightly for two hours on a TrustFire or UltraFire protected 2400mAh cell (I don't recall which I used), and dimmed dramatically in its third hour.

Bottomline:

Novel, and a nice wide beam, but it doesn't inspire confidence the way some of the other budget DX lights do (e.g. most of the Romisens).

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections