Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Pretty good light

posted by fastenuff on 11/12/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

This light does exactly what it is supposed to, it goes from spot to flood very nicely and any place in between. Plenty bright and smaller than many other 18650 lights.

Cons:

The adjustment from spot to flood is accomplished simply by sliding the head forward and back on the body of the light, which is fine, you can easily do it with one hand. The problem is that it is too loose! The light just kind of slops back and forth and is far too easy to change by accident. These lights are also produced in a three AAA version, which uses the same body, they just added some spacers internally, very cheesy! I hate three AAA lights, why waste so much space on a light using a far superior battery? The tailcap threads are poorly cut, causing misthreading if you are not very careful while screwing on the cap. Switch seems cheap.

OtherThoughts:

A very good idea that could use a little better execution. Design the light around the 18650, put better resistance in the adjust mechanism, better threads in the tailcap and a better switch and this would be an awesome light. Even with all its flaws I am surprised to say it has become one of my favorite lights!

Bottomline:

A fun light!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections