• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Yep, the best I have for a big one

posted by mambaum on 03/27/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Forget all the other ones that don't have focus. I also bought the MTE M3-2 Cree (sku.16500), which does give more light in total, but using the focus/zoom you can easily get more light with this one at the right place. You can focus to the max and actually see something at 300ft/100m.

On the other hand with the focus to maximum flood the light is even. I mean almost perfectly even instead of the normal distracting 'a lot of light in the middle' and only a bit flood. So for close by work you get the best light, nice and wide (although the sku.18304 is really perfectly even...even usable for photography). Wider than any other one I have.

Cons:

I still like to have twist focus instead of the shift focus. But this one is nice and stiff in the sliding (not as to-easy sliding as the sku.18304).

And yes also more levels of light to save battery would be nice. You can control the intensity with the focus, but you cannot save battery power with it.

OtherThoughts:

I would like to see a design like this one but then running on 14500 (AAA lithium). Then I could replace my Fenex L0D on my keychain.

Bottomline:

Make an update with multiple power levels and we have a winner.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections