DX » Community » Reviews » Measy RC11 2.4GHz Wireless 1000DPI Optical Air Mouse + Keyboard with Smart Android OS (3 x AAA)
  • 5 star 46 ( 58% )
  • 4 star 33 ( 41% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 1% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Almost 100%

posted by ubiratamuniz on 08/14/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

- Air mouse works perfectly
    - Sturdy construction
    - Full QWERTY keyboard with function keys
    - Android compatible (see cons)
    - uses standard AAA batteries
    - great price
    - decent range
    - worked out of the box, both with an Jesurun M6 miniPC and a LG Smart TV (haven´t tested the air mouse function on the TV, but the keyboard works), as well as a Windows PC.

Cons:

- Power button:
    Due to being connected to the Android miniPC by a USB dongle, it won´t be able to fully power the device on (i.e. cold boot) by itself. It implements an alternative, though. With the miniPC turned on and booted, if you hit the power on the RC11, it will not turn off (shutdown), but enter a "suspended" state instead, so you can "power it back on" (it means: return from suspended state) with the power button. So, if you think that you will be able to toss the standard remote away, you are mistaken. But that was expected.

OtherThoughts:

If you use this on an Android device, it would be insteresting to install an app such as "Null Keyboard", in order to keep the on screen keyboard from appearing when you use this to type.

This made my Netflix experience on my Jesurun M6 miniPC bearable, as I was unable to scroll horizontally (the remote was not good for click-drag operations) through the app screens with the M6 stock remote. I now can do these operations with this remote, and use the miniPC for web browsing on the TV as well (it was a pain in the arse to type URLs via the M6 standard remote).
    If you don´t have spare USB ports on your device, get an USB hub.

Bottomline:

Good airmouse, decent keyboard. Very interesting addition to any miniPC.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections