Customer’s impression:
good Good product buen resultado
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• You Get What You Pay For

posted by trazomfreak on 09/27/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Makes the skies bluer and the reflections disappear. Could probably use it as a temporary lens protector to keep your lens free from dirt or debris. Fun to experiment with.

Cons:

Makes your pictures "soft". Low quality piece of glass so it changes the quality of your pictures as well.

OtherThoughts:

I bought a new camera and stuck this on it. Having forgotten that I had placed it on my lens, I thought something was wrong with my new SLR camera. Nope, it was the filter. I took it off and WOW what a difference in image quality. I left it off and probably won't touch it unless I want to soften wrinkles on some portrait shot.

(And no, I WAS using the circular polarizer and not another type of filter.)

Bottomline:

If you are looking to experiment with this filter by making your pictures "soft" (not sharp), by all means get this filter. It IS fun to remove the reflections off of leaves or sunglasses or even your dog's shiny coat. But at the expense of image quality? No, you should probably invest in a better piece of glass somewhere else.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections