DX » Community » Reviews » CPL Polarizer Lens Filter (55mm)
  • 5 star 6 ( 60% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 10% )
  • 3 star 3 ( 30% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byTotermix87 on 01/07/2013

It is very cheap!!! Regular CPL polarizing filters cost at least 5 times more. It is not ment for photography professionals but it does a really good job (the clouds are more detailed and the sky is much less pale). The effect cant be compared to the professional ones. It is better to turn it to the right otherwise it can be easily unscrewed. Reduces ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byanrus57 on 02/08/2011

At least, it is cheap. But... you get what you pay for, and no more pros are available for that price. The quality of the polarizer is poor. A simple polarizer test can be done using any LCD screen. If you place the polarizer in front of the LCD and rotate it, you will notice the maximum and a minimum in brightness. A good polarizer blanks the light ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bythrzb on 01/24/2011

- Build quality is better than expected. - CPL filters always cost much more than 7 dollars. - It does the minimum it's supposed to do. - It fits my Sony Alpha 100 perfectly. - The product is exactly what is announced. - No angle markings, so I'm still learning how make it work well. - It doesn't filter all the polarized light, but I really can't complain ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bydreamlayers on 09/19/2010

- Blocks virtually light that was polarized in the selected direction. - Does not add any colour cast to reflections or the overall scene - Spins smoothly and quietly - Fits my 55 mm thread - I got different packaging and a different filter, with no mention of Massa. - When the sun is at certain angles, the filter adds lens-flare type artifacts. It'... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysussex on 08/04/2010

Works well on my Sony alfa 450 the thead is good screwing on and off of my lenses have used it continously now for 6 months with no sign of any thread wear or binding. Fingerprints on both sides which means the packaging into the cases could do with some improvement but with a good clean all is well. When I look at the silly prices I could pay for this ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byArmson on 02/20/2010

- Very good build quality. - Works perfect on my friends camera. - Gives good shots! - Nice package with a good case for the lens. - English information. - The price could have been a bit lower. Cost almost the same at my local store. Ordered first wrong filter. But my friend have use for it now. So I have now ordered a second filter to fit on my EOS ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byilianbg on 03/04/2009

Very cheap for a CPL filter, it costs about a third of what I'd have to pay for a similar quality filter in a local photo shop. Truly CPL - will work perfectly on a DSLR, no metering or autofocus problems. No handle or angle markings, so the angle has to be set visually. Quite hard to turn sometimes and threading is not perfect. This filter is about ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bywindman on 02/16/2009

Massa has great filters. I bought several models in past, this is for sony alpha350 lenses. Polarizer is good for removing reflections if light anlge is correct. So this filter is a circular polarizer for autofocus. This works like a charm. Pelase note that,this filter is like natural gray. My other filter for my olympus is much darker. Pricing is very ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byscott202 on 01/24/2009

Has a nice smooth action to it, when you rotate to change the direction of polarisation. As with everything in photography, you get what you pay for. I wouldn't screw this directly onto my camera lens because I would be scared it wouldn't come back off. The thread seems very weak, and it takes some handy work to get it onto the lens. It does what it'... Read more

0 0
  • posted byblackorb on 08/28/2008

-I bought this CPL filter for my Fuji FinePix S5600 camera with a 55mm lens thread. Perfect fit & black in color so it matches the camera body. -The filter screws on to the camera. It also has the capability by which additional filters can be attached onto it. In the video I've uploaded you can see a UV filter attached to the CPL filter. I had also ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections