DX » Community » Reviews » CPL Polarizer Lens Filter (55mm)
  • 5 star 6 ( 60% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 10% )
  • 3 star 3 ( 30% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byTotermix87 on 01/07/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:It is very cheap!!! Regular CPL polarizing filters cost at least 5 times more. It is not ment for photography professionals but it does a really good job (the clouds are more detailed and the sky is much less pale). Cons:The effect cant be compared to the professional o... Read more

0 0
  • posted byanrus57 on 02/08/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:At least, it is cheap. But... you get what you pay for, and no more pros are available for that price. Cons:The quality of the polarizer is poor. A simple polarizer test can be done using any LCD screen. If you place the polarizer in front of the LCD and rotat... Read more

0 0
  • posted bythrzb on 01/24/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:- Build quality is better than expected. - CPL filters always cost much more than 7 dollars. - It does the minimum it's supposed to do. - It fits my Sony Alpha 100 perfectly. - The product is exactly what is announced. Cons:- No angle markings, so I'm still learning how... Read more

1 0
  • posted bydreamlayers on 09/19/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:- Blocks virtually light that was polarized in the selected direction. - Does not add any colour cast to reflections or the overall scene - Spins smoothly and quietly - Fits my 55 mm thread Cons:- I got different packaging and a different filter, with no mention of Mass... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysussex on 08/04/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Works well on my Sony alfa 450 the thead is good screwing on and off of my lenses have used it continously now for 6 months with no sign of any thread wear or binding. Cons:Fingerprints on both sides which means the packaging into the cases could do with some improvemen... Read more

0 0
  • posted byArmson on 02/20/2010

Involvement:Novice (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:- Very good build quality. - Works perfect on my friends camera. - Gives good shots! - Nice package with a good case for the lens. - English information. Cons:- The price could have been a bit lower. Cost almost the same at my local store. OtherThoughts:Ordered firs... Read more

0 0
  • posted byilianbg on 03/04/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Very cheap for a CPL filter, it costs about a third of what I'd have to pay for a similar quality filter in a local photo shop. Truly CPL - will work perfectly on a DSLR, no metering or autofocus problems. Cons:No handle or angle markings, so the angle has to... Read more

0 0
  • posted bywindman on 02/16/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:Massa has great filters. I bought several models in past, this is for sony alpha350 lenses. Polarizer is good for removing reflections if light anlge is correct. So this filter is a circular polarizer for autofocus. This works like a charm. Pelase note that,this... Read more

0 0
  • posted byscott202 on 01/24/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Has a nice smooth action to it, when you rotate to change the direction of polarisation. Cons:As with everything in photography, you get what you pay for. I wouldn't screw this directly onto my camera lens because I would be scared it wouldn't come back off. T... Read more

0 0
  • posted byblackorb on 08/28/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:-I bought this CPL filter for my Fuji FinePix S5600 camera with a 55mm lens thread. Perfect fit & black in color so it matches the camera body. -The filter screws on to the camera. It also has the capability by which additional filters can be attached onto it. I... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections