Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Very sharp; refilling involves a learning curve

posted by ribex on 04/18/2007
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Great price, and very nice looking lighter. It's as least as good looking as the photos on DX. It was shipped with at least a small quantity of butane. Before I tried to refill it, it lights as soon as I pressed the button down (which slides to reveal the torch).

Cons:

I had a fair amount of trouble figuring out how to fill this lighter, having no prior experience with butane products. No instructions come with the lighter, though the directions on my can of Colibri butane were helpful enough.

It lit easily upon receipt, but I wanted to fill it right away. There is a slot at the fill hole which can be turned with a flat head screwdriver and is supposed to be turned all the way before filling; it was difficult for me to figure out how much to turn it to be able to light again.

Now when I try to light it, it never lights on the first try but always lights on the second try.

OtherThoughts:

I'm not even sure what I'll use this lighter for since I don't smoke. It was actually a little difficult to light a candle with, but maybe I can try to make a creme brulee? :)

Bottomline:

I had some initial difficulties with the item but I am now pleased with it. I would purchase it again without hesitation. Familiarize yourself with butane refilling so you don't get frustrated like I did.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections