DX » Community » Reviews » 1.6" Nokia 5110 LCD Module w/ Blue Backlit for Arduino (Works with Official Arduino Boards)
  • 5 star 14 ( 64% )
  • 4 star 8 ( 36% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bymyNextGen on 07/01/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Very nice display and a great price, I use it with the Texas instrument Launch pad micro controller. I intend to use it with the Arduino in the near future and have downloaded the library files from the Arduino site. Cons:First of all this module lack of documentation (ma... Read more

adafriut library Sparkfun library make cool drawing
    0 0
  • posted bytheundefined on 05/22/2014

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:It's cheap module, very easy to use. After few hours of seeking and checking i found that Adafruit-PCD8544-Nokia-5110-LCD-library works with it. Cons:Badly packed. Pins were skewed, but - fortunly - after correcting curl works fine. It would be nice if lcr will... Read more

1 0
  • posted bydaherrerac on 04/24/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:The product was properly packing with antistatic bag and bubble paper. The size is perfect for the typical aplications and higly recommended by the electronic hobbyst. Easy to conect into a bread board, the module has the pins for this use (just plug it into a breadboar... Read more

0 0
  • posted bykunakos on 04/16/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:The PCB is of good quality (PCB alone would get 5 stars). LCD is easy to use, libraries available. Good price. Cons:Screen is refurbished, possibly not a nokia original, you might get a scratched one. OtherThoughts:Mine had ugly and deep scratches, so I replaced it with a... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymrgame64 on 04/06/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:-Sealed in original package -Foam protection on pins -Perfect condition, unscratched -Backlight Cons:-No datasheet included -Backlight LEDs are too clearly visible OtherThoughts:I'd say it's almost as perfect as it can get. The price is very affordable, and pr... Read more

0 0
  • posted byromainpnct on 01/20/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Cheap Soldered on pcb with easy to use pins (just plug it into a breadboard). Works with 5V (caution : this is outside the device's specs, but it works, see "other thoughts"). Cons:None OtherThoughts:It's recommended to use this device with 3.3V logi... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypcmihnea on 08/18/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:I highly recommend this LCD screen instead of the old, limited HD44780 screens. Even though it is small-sized, by using designated libraries (Adafruit for the Arduino, for example), you can display almost anything (monochrome that is, a pixel can be either on-... Read more

6 0
  • posted byvpbenfatto on 06/11/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Good finish, fully functional, ready to use does not need more components to the Arduino. Should just add two libraries. It has blue leds end black points... Simple to use Good price in Brazil is very expensive... Cons:I don't have. I liked the product and it's all right... Read more

1 0
  • posted byygrignon on 03/11/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Easy to use, found driver code on the Internet and it worked first try. Hardware interfacing is a snap. Great price. Bit mapped display offers great flexibility. Screen is small and still contains 6 lines of 14 characters. Cons:Blue led backlight is actually sid... Read more

2 0
  • posted byJarekA on 02/20/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Works, general popularity (and easy to find code examples), works as expected. Cons:Backlight LEDs (blue ones) are are visible on the sides and are relatively much brighter than display area. OtherThoughts:I connected the display module to Netduino board, using http://w... Read more

1 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections