DX » Community » Reviews » 1.6" Nokia 5110 LCD Module w/ Blue Backlit for Arduino (Works with Official Arduino Boards)
Customer’s impression:
good Scratched LCD petfect but I was probably unfortunate
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byCalicinction on 01/08/2015

Pros: The screen works exactly as expected. It is already supported on the arduino with libraries, making the use of it very easy. The back light is very bright. Cons: The screen was very scratched. For a part that counts "High quality LCD screen" as a feature, the quality of the screen was The... Read more

Impression:Scratched;

0 0 0

• posted by8820538 on 01/06/2015

Pros: easy to connect and use with arduino clone. Cons: Looks used and had multiple scratches. After power up couldn't even see the scratches. Great for prototyping. I will order again.

Impression:good;

0 0 0

• posted byricsi on 01/06/2015

Very cheap and useful LCD for do it yourself projects. Sadly it is used, and mine was scratched. It can be easily used and there is much code available. It officially only supports 3.3V, but I could test it without problems with 5v signals with a Arduino Nano (see picture) It can be also used for... Read more

Very cheap (used) LCD for DIY projects Very cheap (used) LCD for DIY projects

Impression:LCD;

0 0 0

• posted bykocajz on 01/03/2015

Works graphic display with super price. My piece was scratched. I tested it with Arduino. Backlights is passable. The display is readable.

0 0 0

• posted bybrandonhill0 on 12/23/2014

I ordered one and at one point it stopped working. I may have fried it by accidentally writing the wrong script to the Arduino, or by using 5V instead of 3 (there's word around the internets this prefers 3, though some say 3 - 5), I'm not sure. I ordered two more and have used one, which is fine.... Read more

0 0 1

• posted bydjkoning on 12/22/2014

Pros: product works great whith raspberry pi. Librarys are widely available. Possible to dim the backlight. Cons: no cons. Good product.

Impression:petfect;

0 0 0

• posted bysomeonesays on 08/05/2014

The frame holding the screen was loose from the board. After putting the parts back together I discovered that only the lower part of the screen was working. Despite trying al sorts of different code I didn't got it working properly. I also have a different kind of board based on the same display... Read more

Impression:good, but I was probably unfortunate;

0 0 0

• posted byEnricodon on 07/10/2014

Easy to use. Documentation for this LCD can be easily found. Poor contrast but I have probably just had ban luck. I have purchased other LCDs of the same type and their contrast is much better... You can find many small and big projects on the web using this display and it is ideal to be used or... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bymyNextGen on 07/01/2014

Very nice display and a great price, I use it with the Texas instrument Launch pad micro controller. I intend to use it with the Arduino in the near future and have downloaded the library files from the Arduino site. First of all this module lack of documentation (manual). Second, like many of on... Read more

adafriut library Sparkfun library make cool drawing

0 0 0

• posted bytheundefined on 05/22/2014

It's cheap module, very easy to use. After few hours of seeking and checking i found that Adafruit-PCD8544-Nokia-5110-LCD-library works with it. Badly packed. Pins were skewed, but - fortunly - after correcting curl works fine. It would be nice if lcr will be better secured - in bubble packages -... Read more

0 0 1

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections