DX » Community » Reviews » Ultrafire C1 R2-WC 5-Mode Memory 250-LM LED Flashlight with 2*Assault Crowns (2*CR123A/1*18650)
  • 5 star 16 ( 55% )
  • 4 star 10 ( 34% )
  • 3 star 3 ( 10% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Reliable flashlight

posted by Norad2000x on 10/18/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Blindly bright and decently white light.
    Decent spill around surroundings and very tight hotspot to illuminate far objects
    Strobe's good for annoying/disorienting. You can stand the light on the assault crown and use strobe as a beacon.
    Tailstands easily (at least mine does after I removed the useless wriststrap)
    Good battery life...

Cons:

MY CR123 batteries rattled in the casing. Easily fixed by rolling a sheet of paper and using it as a liner within the tubing.
    The belt clip is my main gripe. Flipping it around 180° would prevent the assault crown from poking into my sides when worn. It is also relatively easily bendable.
    Using the assault crown results in a projection pattern that's rounded triangular. Using the plastic crown results in a slightly round but crowned pattern.

OtherThoughts:

Battery life test results using 2 fully charged "1000 mAh" CR123 batts (SKU4419)
    -55 MINUTES on continuous high before the driver stepped down to medium brightness. The flashlight was warm but still comfortable enough to handle
    -10+ HOURS on continuous low. I left the light on overnight and was surprised next morning when it was still operating. Though dimmer than before, it was still very usable- probably around AAA maglite bright.
    Works well with the drop-in Xenon bulb (SKU3218) if you want a more traditional, warmer beam. Also works well with the drop-in infrared bulb (SKU12625) if you need night vision illumination.
    Didn't like the effect when used with the convex lens (SKU5297). The resulting beam is too uneven. 
    Uses 28mm O-rings around the lens.

Bottomline:

Great flashlight for work, daily use, hiking, etc. Buy two packs of rechargeables and a charger, and you'll probably be set for anything.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections