Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Exceeds expectations

posted by keggo on 11/10/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Very bright even with using LiFEPO4 18650 batteries.
    The build quality is very good and the coating really does seem to be HA-III as I don't have any scratches on it yet. I've been carrying this with me everywhere I go since having received it.
    Battery life is also top notch.

Cons:

It seems the tail cap clicky has some issues. Sometimes it won't turn on right away.
    When this happens it feels like a mechanical problem with the clicker (snagging possibly). A couple clicks later and it's fine.
    The belt clip is situated kind of odd. The doesn't seem to have the same coating, it looks to be painted instead of anodized.
    One other thing to note, is the threads at the rear were cut fine, but they didn't come to a clean finish towards the end of the threads; easily fixed.

OtherThoughts:

I purchased SKU 1318 along with this flashlight, and while it is the correct diameter/thread pitch, it isn't sufficient in length and won't reach the o-ring on the flashlight. It's a pity. Hopefully DX can get the manufacturer to create a longer version of the optional assault bezel. It's a moot point though, as the assault bezel that comes with the flashlight is pretty sharp and would probably floor somebody full strength with this torch in hand.

Bottomline:

Great value if you want a bright, well built flashlight for relatively inexpensive. I can't wait to see it's max output with CR123's.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections