DX » Community » Reviews » Ultrafire C1 R2-WC 5-Mode Memory 250-LM LED Flashlight with 2*Assault Crowns (2*CR123A/1*18650)
  • 5 star 17 ( 57% )
  • 4 star 10 ( 33% )
  • 3 star 3 ( 10% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great light, great price!

posted by Buck268 on 11/17/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

Appears to be good HAIII finish, others seem to agree. I haven't tried to defeat it, but it looks and feels like the finish on my Fenix L1T.

On that note, the tail switch and battery contacts are also quite nice. Gold plated springs with excellent, solid feel. That said, the click switch could protrude slightly further to make it more ergonomical to use, but not a big deal.

Just barely started playing with it, but obviously a fantastically bright light. It definately has the potention to out do my modified sku1892 and out throw my SSC'd 3D mag (well, that one still uses the stock led module with a ssc in place of the lux3).

Overall, very nice impression, looking forward to using this light a bit (might have to get some rcr123's or 18650's so I can use it as a bike light!).

Cons:

Rough spot in the threading on the body tuube for the head, looks like a small section broke away. Easily fixed, but slightly annoying.

Strike bezel rests against glass lens when fully seated.

While quality of materials and components appears to be top-notch, the assembly left something to be desired. Oily finger print on the window, window o-ring askew and the led/reflector module had notable dust on t (easily fixed with a good breath).

OtherThoughts:

This light really caught my eye when I saw it. I don't usually go for strike bezels (impractical to use and carry, typically) and I virtually never buy a light on sudden impulse (usually wait at least a day).

At first impression, though, it appears this was a good call. The CR123 configuration is nice in that running primaries, environmental extremes aren't an issue (maybe replace the G2 incan in my glove box?) and running rechargables should facilitate use as a bike lamp (either on the bar for commuting or as a helmet light for trail use).

Bottomline:

First impressions are huge, and this light gives a great first impression. I fully expect it to live up to it.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections