• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Handy gadget for only $20

posted by jphphotography on 03/29/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Worked first thing out of the box, no issues pairing it with my cell phone. Sound quality of the FM transmitter is on par with some of the better ones I've used. Hands free sound quality is pretty good, the people I talked to seemed to think it sounded alright on their end.

Cons:

Shuffle feature (press and hold CH button) is not very random, it seems to have its favourite songs and its not smart enough to know if it already played a song. I actually had it try to play the same song twice in a row.
    Can't seem to get the auto-answer to work but I'm not sure if that's a limitation of the device or my phone. I have my phone set to auto-answer when a headset is connected though.
    Screen is really small, not really helpful for displaying what song is currently playing unless you stick your face right up to it (kinda hard to do while driving).

OtherThoughts:

For everything this thing can do I'm amazed that its only $20. After finally getting annoyed with the shuffle feature I'm now just using it as a hands free device. My deck reads from USB anyway and its easier to navigate, if I get a call I just switch it to "radio" and answer the call.

Bottomline:

If you're like me and your city has made it illegal to talk on your cell phone without a hands free unit this is a cheap fix.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections