Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day
• Runs very smooth. Fast CPU • Speaker output fairly loud • Very thin • Great ABXY buttons. Very clicky like the DS. • Great d-pad • Responsive CAPACITIVE touchscreen • Overall nice look and feel • Nice DS-like power/wifi/charging lights • Came with US AC adapter • Came with USB OTG, USB mini cables.
• LCD viewing angles are tricky... Dead on, it looks great. tilt the unit back (top away from you) and the image fades and inverts. Side-to-side viewing angles are good, however.
• Though there are two speaker holes on the back, the unit only contains one speaker
• "Analog" slider is in fact digital 8-way switch
• No shoulder buttons. (Though I mainly got this to play 2-to-4 button consoles games like SMS, Genesis, GG, NES and Neogeo, so it doesn't bother me much...yet. ;)
• The front and back halves of the case do not join together "flush". The back case has a small lip that overhangs the front
• Most of the default apps on the unit are Chinese and the emulators aren't the best.
• The back can get a little warm, but it's not THAT bad.
• The LCD is recessed about ~1.5mm so tapping near the edges of the screen can be tough sometimes.
• The power button is very easy to hit accidentally.
• Cameras are pretty av
The unit I received had some "quality control issues".
• I noticed within the first 5 minutes that if you pressed your finger on a certain spot on the front of the case (near the bottom left of the screen / d-pad area), the unit would short out and turn off. Upon opening it up, I found that one of the screws holding in the logic board was too long and was touching the back of the LCD, shorting it out. After experimenting, I ultimately removed the screw and the unit is working perfectly now. •The battery had been installed upside down with excessive wire coiled up sloppily. • The wifi antenna cable had been pinched between the front/back case during assembly and where it's soldered to the wifi card, the cable is bent backward at a sharp angle, begging to break off. • The front/back cameras had double sided tape on the back but they weren't stuck to anything so the back one was misaligned, blocking 70% of the view. I had to fix it manually.
A very nice unit for the price, but it's not without its issues. Build quality is nice, but the quality control seems to be a bit lacking.
If you know what you're getting into, this is a great little unit!
On another topic, I highly recommend installing "Skelrom v1.1 ICS for JXD S5100" on this unit. Better performance and includes many improved apps/emulators.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.