good buena great product - muito bom
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Useful to extend PC case led wires

posted by UncleScrooge on 10/30/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The reason I bought this, is that I had to extend the front panel led wires in my PC case to get them reach the connectors in the motherboard.

I didn't want to cut and solder the wires, so I found this product, and it works for my needs quite well. The ends of this cable fit very well in both the motherboard connectors and the led wires. It is easy to separate the amount of wires you need from this.

I did separate 2 pairs of black+white wires to extend 2 led wires, and saved the rest for some similar future needs.

Quality looks like ok, as far as I know anything about this kind of products.

Cons:

Hard to say really. I know nothing about pricing of this kind of items, but I believe the price could be lower.

OtherThoughts:

If you use it to extend wires, you might want to make the connection more secure by putting electrical tape around it or something similar. Or maybe you can use the plastic tubes which shrink around the wire/component, when they are heated.

Bottomline:

It was actually kind of hard to find a product to extend the pc case led wires to motherboard, so it was a good to find this.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections