Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
- Once tweaked (see below) works without issue
- Accurate to within 0.5 C
- Switch-able between Celsius and Fahrenheit (but who uses Fahrenheit anyway!)
- Displays relative humidity
- Min and Max readings can be set to trigger an alarm
- Has external sensor
- Displays external, internal temperature and humidity at the same time
When I first put a battery into the device the display was fragmented as if some of the LCD elements were not being displayed correctly. Unfortunately it was not a consistent effect. After opening it and taking it apart I saw that too much pressure was being applied between the PCB pads and the connector strip of the LCD. Leaving off one of the screws fixed the display issues and it has worked without issue ever since.
- Not sure how accurate the relative humidity readings are as I do not have another device to compare it against. The sensor for relative humidity is a 1cm square board with two tracks etched into it separated by a millimetre (like a keyboard switch) and it appears to measure the relative resistance between the two tracks.
- Once tweaked functions great and priced well given what it does.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.