• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very simple to use, good price and quality sensor

posted by margrilo on 02/05/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

This is a very good quality sensor, principally compared to it's complexity circuit board.
    It is very simple to use. If you check for some arduino codes over the web, it's just a two digital pins to keep to work.
    it has a fast response with good accuracy. i could measure more than 2 meters and in the other opposition 1 cm.
    the price is incomparable cheap due to the complexity of it's circuit board and the quantity of components necessary to it's construction.

Cons:

I don't know how to put that in english, but it's conections pins are not well designed to it's objetive. so it's a litle bit difficult to find a nice position to fit it on your protoboard.
    it didn't come with any manual or other instruction material on how to use it. So it's necessary to go all over the web to find a nice library or understand it's functioning.

OtherThoughts:

this is a very usefull sensor.
    you could use it as a proximity sensor in robots or just to check is someone is passing.
    it can identify non electrical os magnetical objects as plastic or water in a bottle, this is very usefull too.
    I used it a very simple and powerfull library from: http://www.f15ijp.com/2012/09/arduino-ultrasonic-sensor-hc-sr04-or-hy-srf05/

Bottomline:

Buy this sensor.
    You can inprove your projects and build some other very nice and usefull stuffs with it's help.
    It's cheap and easy to use.
    besides the miss of documentation, with some minutes on the web you can have it all you need about it.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections