DX » Community » Reviews » 3.5mm+2.5mm Clip-on Microphone for Kenwood Walkie Talkies (1.5-Meter Cable)
  • 5 star 15 ( 62% )
  • 4 star 9 ( 38% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good quality, GREAT price!

posted by ewsniper on 12/15/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Price
    Sturdy build
    Functionality
    earphone jack

Cons:

Stereo earbuds did not work properly
    Curled cord is a bit stiff

OtherThoughts:

You will NOT find a better Kenwood compatible microphone for this price! The build is sturdy and durable. It feels like it can withstand much use and abuse before breaking. One note of caution for people using this microphone: my portable radio transmitted for a few seconds when plugging this in. So, be sure that you aren't on a frequency you don't want to transmit on when plugging this in! Not really a fault of the microphone, probably more from the design of the radio I'm using.
    For those of you that can't tell, there is a earphone jack built into the microphone so you can plug in a set of earphones and kill the speaker built into this. A handy feature! However, using stere earbuds only resulted in one single earbud working (due to my handheld being mono) I am not sure if stereo earphones would work on this if you had a stereo handheld.

Bottomline:

WELL worth the investment of $5 I would easily pay 6 times this for a microphone of this quality. If you have a Kenwood compatable radio, get this! Even if you already have one, a $5 spare is well worth it! You can't go wrong.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections