The product is very well packaged. The greatest advantage of this item is the fact that it allows you to add 4 USB ports (despite of only 2 of most products). If you make an analysis with the cost/benefit relation, the cost of each USB port is lower in this product if compared with a 2-USB ports product. And other great advantage of this fact is that ... Read more
- Nice product since it can expand USB ports to old notebooks.
- USB 2.0 compatible, faster than 1.1 on old notebooks.
- 4 port USB, allowing use of many USB devices.
- good price. - since it uses PCMCIA card we can't use another card simultaneously (like network card or wifi card). This is not a great problem since we can use an USB-wifi adapter or ... Read more
Good adaptor. Self powered card ideal for low consumption USB devices. If you need more power you can add it via provided. Shipped in a box, so don´t be worried about the card being damaged. Beware of the card height if you are using 2 stacked PCMCIA slots in your computer take this into account. The part of the card holding the 4 USB ports is ... Read more
Plug and play
External power hardly needed
A good way to get extra USB ports on a laptop Sticks out a bit more then expected, but as long as you remember to remove it before putting your laptop in a bag then you'll be fine. I have been looking for a product like this one, but Dealextreme is the only place I have found it for a reasonable ... Read more
Easy to use. Just insert it and my Toshiba Laptop recognized it. It comes with a jack to plug into an usb but I am not sure what the jack is for as I can still use it without the jack. It sticks out a little more than I like but it not that big of a deal. I wished I bought this earlier. I wished I could find a card that has 3 usb and 1 esata ports for ... Read more
Four self powered USB ports. No need for external power supply. At least for low consumption devices like pen drives, bluetooth adapters, wifi adapters and the like. If you need more power you can use the provided cable to draw power from another USB port. Works on Linux too. The 4 ports are bulky... if you want to preserve your notebook slim go for ... Read more
Very useful for old notebook without usb 2.0. Very easy to use: just plug-in and use it. Good price for good quality. None I used it with different devices: old usb 2.0 memory stick transfer rate 50Mbit/s SanDisk cruzer 4G 62Mbit/s Old mp3 player usb 1.1 5Mbit/s 2.5'' External hard disk 72 Mbit/s but I need to connect external power supply to old notebook ... Read more
Easy to install/USe Provides a cable for USB devices requiring more power Four ports are nicely seperated to avoid blockage Fits nicely in IBM laptops NONE! 500 characters CF9502 500 characters CF9502 500 characters CF9502 500 characters CF9502 500 characters CF9502 500 characters CF9502 500 characters CF9502 500 characters CF9502 500 characters CF9... Read more
I have been using this USB2.0 PCMCIA card for some days now and have tested each individual port out for speed. My impressions are:
- Good constriction, feels solid
- 4 USB 2.0 ports - Comes with an external power lead to feed power into the card from an existing laptop USB port
- Offers good speed transfer, my tests show it performs as good as the ... Read more
Here come the obvious pro's:
- Gives you USB2.0 on a laptop with USB1.1 (yes, the full USB2.0, not a tiny bit slower)
- Works under Linux! It was known it would work with windows, but I tested it on Linux and it worked there as well. See Other Thoughts for more info.
- Does not heat up after use, which happens to a lot of other USB-related hardware.... Read more
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.