Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byRubenEs on 11/02/2011

It works off the box on my Linux Debian (on Dell Inspiron 500m), no drivers needed. It adds NO space on the laptop's side. It's the best card I have seen in this regard. I have now a mouse and a usb hub connected to it and it is working perfectly. Both ports together have not enough power for my hungry external drive, but I believe it is a limitation ... Read more

2 0
  • posted by4ltrv1sm0 on 03/23/2011

Cheap, easy to use (drivers not required under XP), truly 2.0 speed... This card is a very good choice when you need extra USB ports in your notebook. I use it in an old Dell Latitude and works great!! Just plug and play ... instantly I was using them with no problems. I bought it to use with an USB Oscilloscope (sku 37062) and it is working better ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byaviv27 on 09/05/2009

2 extra USB ports that will allow you to connect most accessories. It goes into the slot and doesn't stick out. Wont allow you to connect external HD The card is loose inside and moves when you stick usb devices and when you pull them out. I stick it into my HP laptop. It needs some driver install and I remember needing to go to device manager. The ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byTimo2 on 08/09/2009

Uses only one PCMCIA slot. For me this was the main reason for buying this. Works without drivers (at least on Windows XP) The fitting was too thigh. I had to really push it in. There is no way ejecting it from my laptop without using pliers. Although I have no need for removing it any time soon. Comes with usb power cable. So you can steal power from ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byPVMAND on 04/10/2009

I have tested this product with different computers, for example old Compaq M300 PII 300Mhz which has XP, works fine. Also with Toshiba Tecra PIII 600Mhz Windows 2000 and newer XP based laptops. This seems to work without any driver CD. No problems or cons, I'm very happy with this product. This USB 2.0 card fits completely inside laptop so it can be ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byelwing on 02/19/2009

- work wonderfully without driver. - delivered with a nice Box, Cd (with the driver for windows 9x) and the additional power cable - works without plugging the additional cable (as long as you do not use device sucking too much power from the USB plug) - fits completly in the PCMCIA slot. build quality is not all that great: - mine came a little bit ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byobsidianic on 01/02/2009

NEC chipset; one of the few cards that only takes up one PC card slot Can be a tight fit in some computers, making it difficult to eject. I find it easier to remove when there's a cable attached to the card, since it gives you something more to hold on to. Does not require any addition drivers under WinXP. For Win98, it uses OrangeWare drivers (included ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byewhobbes on 12/28/2008

Works with DOS drivers (Panasonic + Motto Hairu). Works without installing additional drivers in Win2k. No protruding extensions; fits flush in Cardbus slot. Tight fit (both USB and Cardbus connections). Looks like they tried to squeeze every micrometer into the package. I broke the eject mechanism in one of my laptops using this (other laptops are ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byhgomes on 12/16/2008

Expands your USB ports using the PCMCIA (PCCARD) interface, that I have never seen someone using. Fits completely inside the computer, even looks like it was there for the whole time. A little “chubby”, it stuck inside the laptop and it can be very hard to remove without breaking it, but it is not something you should do very often anyway. Be careful ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byJohpoke on 12/15/2008

- Windows XP: no drivers needed, just put it in and it works. - Does not need to be powered by an existing USB port (read cons & other thoughts) - Does not stick out, so you don't need to remove it when packing down the laptop. - The USB ports are not 100% correct dimensions and shape, so it takes some force to push in, and take out devices. (But ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections