DX » Community » Reviews » Universal Smart Quick Charger - Recharges All Batteries (100~240V AC)
  • 5 star 14 ( 58% )
  • 4 star 10 ( 42% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great little charger

posted by brted on 11/08/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Very compact. Very inexpensive. Charges all sizes of lithium-ion batteries and cuts off before 4.2 volts. Does not require spacers or modding. Uses a low enough charge rate to safely charge 10440 cells. Also charges NiMH batteries to 1.4 volts (slowly). Does all of this using 110 or 220V and doesn't need any switches or controls. It just works.

Cons:

There are no instructions or writing in English on the charger or the packaging. The only thing you can mess up is you could put the battery in the wrong way. If the lever was a little bigger it would be easier to gently ease it on to the battery.

OtherThoughts:

If you are just trying out lithium-ion batteries and don't want to invest a lot of money, this is a good charger to start with. The sliding lever works fine for me and I don't think it applies too much pressure to the battery. With the exposed metal parts, I wouldn't try changing the battery while the device is plugged in.

Bottomline:

It works.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections