• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
Хороший клон
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Hobbyists Must have!

posted by SSlit on 11/17/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Together with software - it is logic analyzer with 8 parallel ch of data. For my simple tasks as IR protocols decoding and playing around with IR in general it is more than enough of course even at 200 khz. So it is very handy and useful tool for IR enthusiasts like I am. I prefer use different to USBEE soft though... Google around if you would like to switch to use it with another software or follow this review http://club.dx.com/reviews/text/148945/375476

Price is OK.

Board soldering quality (at least mine) was fine

For my simply IR tasks I was reading 5V logic signals accurately. Had no chance and time to test more seriously but timings were according to protocols of remotes lying aeound (NEC, RC5 etc.)

Cons:

As people already mentioned here, PCB not fits OK into enclosure. So somehow I managed to break mini USB and have had to re-solder mini USB slot. It requires to have some good soldering skills, so to avoid this, I would better reccomend (if device already tested and works OK for you) take care about fitting nicely it into enclosure box (hot glue maybe). Or use hot insulating tube to wrap around and use without box (personally I preffer better against any/hot glue :-) ).

I do not see problem here in general. as device is really well priced. And board itself looks OK.

OtherThoughts:

A hobbyists MUST tool! If one has no scope this tiny device (with proper software) is already something for debugging.

Bottomline:

I saw big pluses and minor minuses

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections